- 800g/ 14oz (2 cans) chickpeas, well drained
DRESSING / MARINADE:
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar (Note 2)
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove , minced using garlic press
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard (or other non spicy smooth mustard)
- 3/4 tsp EACH salt and pepper
QUICK PICKLED ONION (PICKLING OPTIONAL)
- 1/2 red onion , finely sliced
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar (Note 2)
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 250g/ 8oz cherry or grape tomatoes , halved (or 2 normal tomatoes)
- 3 cups (packed) spinach, sliced 1/2 cm / 1/5″ thick (Note 4)
- 100g/ 3oz feta
- 3/4 cup chargrilled peppers , drained and sliced 1cm / 1/3″ thick
Shake Dressing in a jar.
Place chickpeas in a microwaveable bowl. Toss with half the Dressing.
Microwave 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until warmed through.
Set aside 20 minutes to marinate (warm chickpeas = absorbs flavour).
QUICK PICKLED ONION:
Mix ingredients in a bowl, set aside 30 minutes until onion is wilted. Drain.
Speedy option: microwave for 2 minutes until hot, cool 10 minutes then use.
Place spinach in a big bowl, add marinated chickpans (including all residual Dressing in the bowl). Add tomatoes, pickled onion and peppers, if using.
Pour over remaining Dressing, toss well. Transfer to serving plate, crumble over feta, serve!