2 x tablespoon Butter Without Salt
1 x medium Onions Raw, chopped
1 x clove(s) Garlic Raw, finely chopped
1 x medium Carrots Raw, chopped
1 x tablespoon Italian seasoning
150 x gram(s) Tomato Paste
125 x ml White Wine, choose a dry one
1000 x ml Chicken Broth
1200 x gram(s) Beans – White Beans ,canned, 3 cans
3 x tablespoon Parmesan Grated
0.5 x teaspoon Salt
0.5 x teaspoon Pepper , Black
100 x gram(s) Cream, 35% Fat
500 x gram(s) Tap Water Drinking
- Melt butter in a pot over medium high heat. Cook garlic, onion and carrot for 5 minutes until carrot is soft and sweet.
- About 3 minutes in, add the Italian herbs and cook with the onion (makes the herb flavor “bloom”).
- Turn heat up to high, add tomato paste. Cook for 2 minutes to remove the “raw” flavor.
- Add white wine, cook for 3 minutes until the harsh “winey” smell is gone and mostly evaporates so you’re just left with tomato paste again.
- Add 1/2 cup of beans (to thicken soup), stock, parmesan, salt and pepper. Stir, low heat, cover and simmer 3 minutes, stirring every now and then.
- Use a stick blender to puree until smooth (or transfer to blender).
- Add remaining beans, simmer 3 minutes. Stir in spinach until wilted, then stir in cream if using. Add more salt and pepper if needed (note: canned beans are already salted).