- 400g butternut squash, peeled, deseeded, cut into small cubes
- ½ red onion, cut into fine wedges
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp Ras al hanout spices
- 100g couscous
- 150ml hot chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ orange, zest and squeeze of juice
- 25g hazelnuts, toasted, roughly chopped
- 75g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2tbsp fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ fan 180°C/ Gas 6. Scatter the butternut squash and onion wedges over a large, shallow roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil, scatter over the Ras al Hanout, season well and roast for 30 minutes or until golden brown and tender. Turn occasionally to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Meanwhile, tip the couscous into a large bowl, add the chicken stock, orange zest and juice, cover with cling film and leave for 4 minutes. Then fluff up with a fork and add the toasted hazelnuts, feta and mint.
- Finally add the roasted butternut squash and stir together. Serve