- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 cups quinoa cooked, I used red, white or red
- 1 chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 8 oz black beans (about half can)
- 3 tbsp canned chopped green chiles
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes sauce
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- sour cream to serve
- cilantro freshly chopped, for garnish
Heat oven to 350°F.
Spray 8-inch square ceramic or broiler-proof baking dish with cooking spray.
Heat a medium size skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and onion; cook 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
Reduce heat to low. Add quinoa, chicken, black beans, green chiles, and the enchilada sauce; stir to combine. Remove from heat.
Stir in cheddar cheese. Transfer quinoa mixture to prepared baking dish. Top evenly with pepper Mozzarella cheese.
Bake 10 to 15 minutes.
Turn oven control to broil and broil 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly. Remove from broiler. Top with sour cream and cilantro. Serve immediately.